Saturday, June 9, 2012

Vacation Day #1 Daytona Beach & Gatorland

Yesterday, we left for Disney World!  Jeremy took one for the team and drove ALL night!  Thank goodness, because the night before I couldn't sleep!  I was just like a little kid anticipating our vacation!  I woke up Friday morning at 3:45!  1 hour before I had to get up for my boot camp!  (Which I completed two classes in a row, aka back - to - back!  But, that is not what this blog it about!!)  We left and arrived 12 hours later at Daytona Beach.  A LONG car ride, for those who didn't sleep or sleep well, but well worth the drive!










The girls loved the beach!  They really didn't want to leave!  AND they keep asking if we can go back!  We bought the girls boogie boards and Momma a beach chair (I'll get to the chair in a little bit!)  At first, Baylee didn't act like she liked the boogie board, but once she got her stride all I heard were screams of delight and laughter!  Ellee loved it from the beginning.  You should have seen these girls, it was so much fun to watch!  AND Jeremy was just throwing them around and having a good time (now remember this is with NO sleep)!  We had to make them drink water and they didn't even want to leave and go eat!  But, finally, Daddy had to go because he started feeling like he was still in the waves, even though he was on dry land.  

Mommy's chair was SO comfortable.  I was having back trouble (part from riding in the car that long and part from the beginning of the week) so the chair was a beach lounger and was perfect!  I laid back and closed my eyes after witnessing their fun time on the waves and all I could hear was the ocean and feel the wind blowing on my face.  I felt like I was in paradise!  Not a care in the world!  I kept thinking how my dad would have just sat there and watched and listened, just like me.  He would have loved to hear and see them.  He would have watched them all day.  Then the song Toes, by The Zac Brown Band, popped in my head and I feel asleep!  I awoke to Jeremy standing over me.  I can't believe it because I never nap!  I must have been so relaxed!

We ended up leaving the beach and I drove us to Gatorland.  Now this came from Jeremy and the girls watching Swamp People together.  We weren't going to end up going, until Ellee was so upset.  So, we grabbed lunch and went to Gatorland!  Boy was it fun and HOT!  The girls loved it!!  We saw so many things...Gators, People wrestling Gators, and even snakes (YUCK!).  








The shows were pretty funny and amazing!  Below is one of the performs showing how strong the bottom jaw of the alligator is:


 We had to get some snow cones & dippin dots after the show because it was HOT!  So, then Daddy went and found his friend!



So you see where the girls get it from, don't you?  I love that they are all HAMS for the camera!  Makes it so much easier for me!



The coolest Alligator we saw the Albino Alligator!  Doesn't he look creepy?


Anyway, that is just a short recap of our day!  I'm exhausted at 8:30!  Time to put the kiddos to bed so we can start our FIRST DAY AT DISNEY tomorrow!!!  I heard the wireless is outrageous at the Disney Resorts, so this will probably be the last post for a few days!  But, I'll make sure I take notes!  


Oh, and I just asked the kids what their favorite part of today had been.  I was thinking it would have been Gatorland, since we shelled out lots of $$$$, but guess what it was?!  The Beach...FREE!  Just goes to show you what will impress the kids!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment